Friday, January 18, 2008

Information is Power

I sign up for everything. Each day my email inbox is bombarded with email from my subscriptions. Here are a few of my favorites:

  • Education Week (edweek.org) - for news, and special events such as live chats around relevant topics
  • Teacher Magazine - good quality articles, research, and resources
  • Pete MacKay's Teacher's List - I get an interesting website sent to me each day. This is one of my favorite subscriptions. Pete sends me some of the bests sites ever. I've never seen one I couldn't use with teachers or students.
  • Education World - I like the administrators and the professional development newsletters
  • Edutopia - from the George Lucas Educational Foundation, topics including professional development, technology integration, and comprehensive assessment
  • NetFamilyNews - among all of the high quality resources that guide parents and educators, this is the BEST resource for current and relevant news, research, and tools to deal with how web-savvy young people are using the internet, particularly in the area of social networking.

These subscriptions are helping me enhance my own professional development. I learn something every day from my email.

No comments: